Built on the late 19th century, Palacete Chafariz d’el Rei is an emblematic building in Lisbon. Its architectural, historical and cultural richness was carefully preserved during the adaptation of the Palace to the renovated Boutique House. Eclectic in style, the exquisite interiors of this small palace portray a mixture of styles, often used in the early 1900s, and known as the “Art Nouveau”.
The magnificent stained glass windows of intense colors, which refer to the XVIII century, as well as tiles with seven hundred years, that go back to the Pombaline reconstruction. Throughout the building there are also strong elements of Neo-Baroque and Neoclassical.
All details have been carefully preserved, the different spaces offer the possibility of organizing exclusive and intimate events. The Halls of Palacete Chafariz D’el Rei are distinct and unique, allowing for press conferences, weddings, meetings, and all kinds of events possible to be held in the stunning Palacete Chafariz D’el Rei.
For those who prefer a familiar, comfortable and welcoming environment, combined with the life of the bourgeoisie of Lisbon in the 18th and 19th centuries, the Palacete Chafariz D’el Rei is the place of choice.
The 6 suites at the Palacete Chafariz D’el Rei offer gorgeous and exclusive views to Tejo River or the famous alleys of Alfama.
The Palacete Chafariz D’El Rei, with a concept of Home Boutique Hotel, offers its guests a welcoming atmosphere and a relaxing feeling, with all the refinement and elegance of a 18th century Noble house. Its 6 suites overflow with luxury and refinement, equipped with everything necessary for a memorable stay.
LUXURY RIVER SUITE
Open to Tejo River landscape, the Luxury River Suite contemplates the symbiosis between classic and modern, transmitting a sense of elegance and timeless luxury.
Along the three floors of this Suite, the last, and the highest, you have at your disposal a room equipped with a telescope, so that you can delight in the exclusive 360º views, capable of providing you with a memorable experience.
DELUXE RIVER SUITE
The luxurious and spacious Deluxe River Suites, offer us exclusive views to Tejo river, as well as with all the surroundings, that transport us to the life of the bourgeoisie of the XVIII century. The large living areas, bathrooms, as well as the bedroom with details and accessories of Portuguese bourgeoisie, create a unique atmosphere.
Open to the alleys of Alfama, these Suites were designed for lovers of the magnificent city of Lisbon, who value medieval architecture so characteristic. The Junior Suites are spacious, offering two comfortable beds with pure cotton sheets, period style furniture and an individual bathroom.
PALACETE TEA HOUSE
A space with classic and refined decoration, an intimate atmosphere and gastronomy of reference. Its warm and distinctive atmosphere, combined by the refinement and elegance of a noble house from the 18th century, have everything to stay in your memory.
The delicacies we prepare have the ability to elevate gastronomic experiences to a level of excellence, surrounded by all the nostalgia of the bourgeoisie. The originality of our suggestions, we highlight the Brunch that is served daily.
For those who prefer to have breakfast later, indulge with the ex-libris of Palacete Chafariz D’El Rei. The Royal Brunch that we serve daily is appreciated and praised by all who have tried it. The menu is very diverse and distinct, with high quality products, which results in a unique gastronomic experience.
- S. Jorge Castle – 600 m – Located on the highest hill in Lisbon, and with a breathtaking view over the city, the Castelo de São Jorge allows to take a trip back in time, where all the stones speak, telling the history of Lisbon since its foundation.
- Baixa / Shopping Area / Historic Center – 750 m – Baixa is an elegant neighborhood, built after the 1755 earthquake in Lisbon. It consists of a grid of streets north of Praça do Comércio, approximately between Cais do Sodré and Alfama district, under the Lisbon Castle, which extends north towards the Rossio and Figueira squares and Avenida da Liberdade , a tree-lined street known for its luxury shops and cafes.
- Chiado – 1 km – It is one of the most emblematic and traditional neighborhoods in the city of Lisbon. It is located between Bairro Alto and Baixa Pombalina. It is an important center of trade in Lisbon, being one of the most cosmopolitan and busy areas in the Portuguese capital.
- Avenida da Liberdade – 2 km – Its scenic qualities, prestigious stores, hotels, theaters and historic buildings make it a tourist landmark in the city. It is a mandatory visit when passing through Lisbon.
- Jerónimos Monastery – 7 km – Classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, it is a Portuguese monastery of the Order of São Jerónimo built in the 16th century. Its construction began in 1501, and lasted for one hundred years, having been directed by a remarkable group of architects and masters of national and foreign works.
- Padrão dos Descobrimentos – 7 km – It is located in Belém, in a prominent position on the right bank of the Tagus River. It was built in 1940, with perishable materials, in order to honor the historical figures involved in the Portuguese Discoveries. Currently the replica is made of concrete and stone, having been inaugurated in 1960.
- Belém Tower – 8 km – Built between 1514 and 1521 by Francisco de Arruda, at the request of D. Manuel I, the Torre de Belém, today a must-visit monument, aimed at defending the Tagus bar, being used as an artillery asset.
- Expo / Parque das Nações – 8 km – Parque das Nações is a neighborhood in the city, requalified for Expo 98 and today presents itself as one of the most contemporary and modern in Lisbon and where you can find leisure areas, in addition to restaurants, the Oceanarium, the Vasco da Gama Tower and the biggest exhibitions. Portugal.