One of Bermuda’s favorites, the Reefs Resort and Club is a classic retreat tucked along the island’s celebrated South Shore. Family-owned and operated by the Dodwells, their passion for island living is reflected in the love guests have for the resort and how often they return.
Named #1 in the region by Conde Nast readers, this inviting hideaway perfectly captures the essence of Bermuda and the cherished traditions that make it a mecca for families, honeymooners and golf enthusiasts.
A beloved fixture on Bermuda’s South Shore since 1947, The Reefs is family-owned and operated by the Dodwell family, native Bermudians whose passion for island living and gracious hospitality has delighted generations of loyal guests.
Nestled in a pink sand cove surrounded by Bermuda’s wind-swept limestone cliffs, The Reefs echoes the island’s enduring elegance, blending it effortlessly with a youthful, make-our-own-rules spirit that charms friends old and new.
ROOMS & SUITES
Dotting limestone cliffs overlooking our secluded pink sand beach and clear, blue-green waters, our Bermuda beachfront resort accommodations offer beautiful ocean views. And because each guest room faces west, you’ll enjoy magnificent sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean as day softly gives way to evening.
Located in a garden setting just 350 yards from the main hotel, the three-bedroom Sea Melody Cottage features a master bedroom with king bed and two additional bedrooms, one with a King bed and the other with two twin beds.
The cottage also features a fully equipped kitchen, large living room, two bathrooms and a large covered porch complete with an outdoor hot tub and a plunge pool with amazing views of the ocean.
Located 300 yards from the main hotel, this two-bedroom oceanfront cottage perched on a cliff features a large living room, separate dining area, one bathroom, and a lawn and outdoor patio with hot tub. The master bedroom has a king bed and the second bedroom features two twin beds that can easily be converted into another king.
Offering a clear view out to the ocean, our Longtail Suite features a spacious private furnished patio, a living room with a sleeper sofa, master bedroom with king bed and a bathroom with Jacuzzi tub.
2-BEDROOM CLUB SUITE
Elegantly appointed 2-bedroom beachfront condos combine luxury with classic Bermudian style. With expansive views overlooking The Reefs private pink sand beach and turquoise Atlantic waters, Club condos are perfect for family vacations or celebrating with friends. Each condo features a full kitchen, 2 private bathrooms, hot tub and balcony.
Featuring the best views in Bermuda, the beautiful Point Suites sit at the tip of the resort jutting out over the Atlantic Ocean. With 680 square feet, these spacious accommodations have an attached sitting room opening onto a large balcony with private hot tub, and luxurious bathrooms with large Jacuzzi and rainwater showers.
Featuring private furnished balconies with unobstructed views of the Atlantic Ocean, our spacious Junior Suites have patterned tile floors with a step-down seating areas and luxurious, bathrooms with a soaking tub, walk-in rainwater shower and double vanity.
POOLSIDE GUEST ROOMS
Overlooking the infinity edge swimming pool and turquoise Atlantic waters, our attractive Poolside Guest Rooms feature sliding glass doors to furnished patios or balconies and a comfortable seating area with a sleeper sofa.
Our pink sand beach and panoramic views are hard to beat, that’s why we’ve created dining experiences to match. From fresh island-inspired dishes to all your Bermuda favorites, you can indulge your every craving while taking in the scenery from every vantage point.
AQUA TERRA RESTAURANT
Set atop the rugged limestone cliffs overlooking our secluded pink sand beach, Aqua Terra serves creative dishes with new world flair and striking ocean views. With a fresh take on island classics and original dishes you won’t find anywhere else, you will find that our chefs use only the freshest ingredients available, locally sourced whenever possible.
Enjoy your evening on the outdoor terrace overlooking the ocean or enjoy the panoramic ocean views through a captivating curved wall of windows. Serving breakfast and dinner daily as well as a spectacular Sunday brunch, Aqua Terra’s delicious spread has been named the Best Brunch in Bermuda. Aqua Terra is also available for private events.
Breezy beach views are the ever-changing backdrop to a superb dining experience at Coconuts, our remodeled and newly refurnished restaurant overlooking the beach.
Enjoy lunch and dinner on the main deck, at an elegant table set with white linen, or a casual bite right on the beach with your toes in the sand. Among Bermuda beach resorts, Coconuts is considered one of the island’s most romantic restaurants.
Our newest and most casual dining experience, the Sandbar takes a cue from its name with loungey high-top seating and a vibe that’s more laid-back than luxe. Here you’ll find beach tunes, fun beach cocktails and an all-day menu of light fare and dinnertime specials.
The mood is fun and informal, with tables looking out over the ocean and a flat-screen television for those who prefer news to non-stop views. Feeling a bit more formal? Duck next door to Coconuts, for a dressy dinner on the deck, complete with white linens and waterfront views.
In the mood for a more laid-back setting? Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the Clubhouse Bar & Lounge. Featuring a unique menu of casual fare and perfectly crafted cocktails created by our culinary experts, unwind with a simple side of our ocean view dining experience.
With no reservations needed and a more casual setting, The Clubhouse Lounge offers you either light bites to enjoy over drinks by the outdoor fire pits or a full three course meal for those looking for a more substantial dining experience in a casual locale.
Join us in The Lounge on Friday Nights and support your local Brands. Goslings Light, Amber, and Black Seal rums served your way, Pink House or White Roof Gin, or a Pint of Local Suds from Bermuda Craft Brewery or On De Rock.
Enjoy Happy Hour pricing from 5:30pm-8pm, accompanied by a bite from our newly designed Lounge Menu and chillax the night away at one of South Shore’s premium picturesque settings. Sit in the Lounge or out on our terrace by the fire pits and enjoy the acoustic sounds of The Rewind Band. Each space offers a unique and enjoyable setting.
ELEGANT EVENING IN BERMUDA
Create meaningful connections as you mix and mingle with fellow guests over Happy Hour Specials in the Lounge & Terrace. Developing relationships is of the utmost importance for us at The Reefs, a family-owned resort that is built on the expectation of fun, kinship, and consideration.
We encourage you to make magical memories here as you get to know each other better. And don’t forget in-season, enjoy an assortment of entertainment including local music and fun oceanfront activities.
LA SERENA SPA
Slip into an elegant atmosphere of tranquility at La Serena Spa. Whether you choose to enjoy the simple pleasures of a mani/pedi or indulge in an intimate couples massage, you’ll surrender to a profoundly rewarding sense of peacefulness.
La Serena Spa offers eight treatment rooms, including a spa suite for dual massage, and a sublime relaxation room with expansive views of the Atlantic Ocean. We’re the only Bermuda spa to offer Elemis of London products, one of the world’s leading skincare brands.
The Reefs is proud to have a strong team of talented and experienced therapists to serve you at La Serena Spa. Each brings a unique quality to provide the best treatment and technique for your personalized needs.
BERMUDA WEDDING VENUES
The Reefs offers an incomparable setting for life’s most important occasions. Whether you’re planning a destination wedding in Bermuda, a romantic Bermuda honeymoon or gathering friends to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or other milestone event, our beloved resort will captivate your guests and put them immediately, effortlessly at ease.
Our intimate oceanfront retreat is a carefree sanctuary known around the world for its flawless attention to detail, exceptional cuisine and breathtaking natural beauty. We invite your inquiry and an opportunity to introduce you to an unrivaled choice among Bermuda resort hotels for celebrations and special events.
At The Reefs, the stage is set for a magical Bermuda wedding. Whether you’ve planned an intimate ceremony or an elegant celebration with your family and friends gathered to share each moment, every detail will be executed perfectly. We’re happy to also assist you in arranging a videographer, wedding cake, flowers, reception and music for your Bermuda wedding.
MEETINGS & EVENTS
The Reefs Resort & Club offers beautiful and flexible meeting and event spaces, a spectacular oceanfront setting and renowned personal service. All this and more makes The Reefs an ideal destination for corporate meetings, group incentive trips, intimate gatherings and everything in between, right here in beautiful Bermuda.
When you book your next meeting or group event at The Reefs, getting here is a breeze. Bermuda is only a two-hour flight from most East Coast cities, which means you and your colleagues can be on the beach relaxing by 3 p.m.!
ACTIVITIES IN BERMUDA
You could take home lifelong memories of Bermuda without ever leaving The Reefs. And that might happen because our setting is that spectacular and our renowned service is that satisfying.
But we’re fans of this island paradise so we encourage you to get to know it, even if you can only tear yourself away once. There’s an entire island to explore. Golf to play. Sights to see. Shops to visit. And we’ll be happy to introduce you to it all.
AT THE REEF
Lounge in the sunshine, indulge in a massage, swim, play tennis and feel your tension slip away. This is your private sanctuary, an expanse of pink sand that rises from turquoise waters and stretches to the base of steep limestone cliffs rimmed with lush foliage.
We are glad you’re here with us at our family-owned and operated resort where we understand the importance of serenity, communing with nature and yes, uninterrupted relaxation.
From our family to yours, we encourage you to savor our delicious meals and refreshing beverages, delight in magnificent sunsets on our westward-facing shoreline and enjoy an array of special events and activities designed just for you.
AROUND THE ISLAND
We’re always happy to offer information and arrange activities tailored to your interests. With 400 years of history waiting to be explored, there’s an almost inexhaustible storehouse of treasures for you to discover and enjoy.
Whether you enjoy shopping, exploring nature, architecture or history, let us direct you to the best Bermuda has to offer.
- National Gallery | Home to Bermuda’s national art collection, the Gallery offers a variety of exhibitions as well as educational programming.
- Bermuda Maritime Museum | A tour of the Bermuda Maritime Museum, located in a six-acre fortress at the edge of the Royal Navy Dockyard, includes admission to eight historic buildings including the Commissioner’s House and the Bermuda Slavery Exhibit.
- Bermuda Railway Trail | From 1931 to 1948, the 22-mile-long railway line provided the only form of motorized transportation on Bermuda. In 1984, the Bermuda government transformed most of the remaining portions of the rail line into a scenic trail for walkers and cyclists.
- Historic Houses | From 1931 to 1948, the 22-mile-long railway line provided the only form of motorized transportation on Bermuda. In 1984, the Bermuda government transformed most of the remaining portions of the rail line into a scenic trail for walkers and cyclists.
- Birdwatching | More than 300 species of birds have been spotted in Bermuda nature reserves and along the coast. The abundance of both native and migratory bird species means visiting birdwatchers should be able to add several birds to their life lists.
- Botanical Gardens | An impressive 36-acre paradise, the Botanical Gardens brings Bermuda’s delightful flora together in one place. Highlights include a palm garden with native palmetto trees, subtropical fruit garden, and greenhouses with orchids, bromeliads, a miniature forest, an aviary and a variety of flowering houseplants.
- Caves | Crystal Cave features a floating pontoon pathway across a 55-foot-deep, azure blue underground lake with formations clearly visible on the bottom while Fantasy Cave is more challenging to explore, but offers sights worth the effort.
- Dolphin Quest | Located in the Royal Navy Dockyard, Dolphin Quest offers a unique opportunity to interact with dolphins in their environment. You can touch, swim with and even kiss a dolphin while also learning about the vital role humans play in conserving their marine home.
- Nature Reserves | A spectacular open space, the 64-acre Spittal Pond reserve is part of a necklace of wetlands along the South Shore. Its diversity of habitats supports an amazing variety of birds, especially during migration seasons. Warwick Pond is a nine-acre nature reserve containing the second-largest freshwater pond on Bermuda. The park’s eastern hillside, part of an extensive woodland belt, borders the entire length of the Bermuda Railway Trail.
- Shopping | Hamilton and St. George receive the most attention from shoppers, but you can find treasures throughout the island. Shopping in Bermuda is delightful, with fashionable boutiques, specialty stores, art galleries, department stores, bookshops and grocers all providing their perspective on Bermudian culture.
- Sightseeing | Many of our guests explore Bermuda on bicycles or scooters; there’s a rental shop just across the road from The Reefs. Remember to drive on the left!
From scuba diving to sport fishing to sailing, Bermuda is an ocean lover’s dream come true. Explore all the ways you can enjoy our warm turquoise waters.
- Scuba diving | Bermuda has the most northerly coral reef in the world, 200 square miles of untouched reef, and over 300 known shipwrecks. All of our diving is shallow — averaging 45–50 feet — so there’s plenty of “bottom time” for exploring.
- Glass bottom boat cruises | Get an amazingly intimate reef viewing experience through the glass. Boat captains provide educational commentary as you follow colorful fish swimming beneath your feet.
- Boating | See Bermuda from the crystal clear waters surrounding the island. Whether you’re an experienced skipper and wish to captain the vessel of your choice or you prefer to let someone else take the helm while you enjoy the view, we’ll help make the arrangements for you.
- Water fun | Parasailing, jet skiing, waterskiing and sailing are among the recreational pursuits to be enjoyed in Bermuda. Allow us to make arrangements for you.
- Reef fishing | Spend an afternoon aboard a 32-foot fishing boat fully equipped with bait and tackle. You’ll have the opportunity to catch chub, grouper, snapper, porgy, triggerfish, shark and barracuda. Keep your catch or release it!
- Reef snorkeling | Take a 45-minute catamaran cruise out to the beautiful reefs surrounding Bermuda and experience spectacular snorkeling in crystal clear waters while you discover great expanses of pristine reef.
For a compact island, Bermuda is an overachiever in terms of golf. This small island surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean just may have more golf courses per square mile than any other place in the world. Ranging from a fun-to-play nine-hole layout with fantastic ocean views to classic, Golden Age golf clubs steeped in history, golf in Bermuda is pure pleasure.
Booking your golf getaway is a breeze with The Reefs. We’re always happy to provide information about Bermuda golf courses and to arrange tee times for our guests.
BELMONT HILLS GOLF CLUB
Enjoy smooth TifEagle greens and panoramic views of Hamilton Harbour and the Great Sound. Take note of the man-made lakes separated by a waterfall and an expansive 14,000 square-foot double green.
TURTLE HILL GOLF CLUB
Characterized as a championship par-3 course, this beautifully landscaped layout rewards accuracy over power on holes ranging in length from 110 to 216 yards. Three sets of tees on all 18 holes make it perfect for golfers of all skill levels.
MID OCEAN CLUB
Among the top-ranked golf courses in the world, Mid Ocean is a private member’s club. Course designer C.B. Macdonald is widely regarded as the father of golf in America, and his construction supervisor Seth Raynor, who assisted at Mid Ocean, authored a number of classic Golden Age golf courses on his own. Visitors are welcome to play the course on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
OCEAN VIEW GOLF COURSE
The name says it all about this fun 9-hole course, where views from the elevated tees just might distract you from the shot at hand. Two sets of tees make it possible to play an eighteen-hole round at one of the only truly public golf courses in Bermuda.
PORT ROYAL GOLF CLUB
The dean of mid-20th century American golf architects, Trent Jones combined rolling terrain and dramatic seaside cliffs to create the original course, Southampton Golf Club. In 2009, original design team member Robert Rulewich spearheaded a complete makeover to prepare the course, renamed Port Royal Golf Club, for the 2009/2010 PGA Grand Slam of Golf. The popular tournament now makes its home at Port Royal.
RIDDELL’S BAY GOLF AND COUNTRY CLUB
Constructed on a 600-acre peninsula with water in view at nearly every turn on this short, but challenging layout, Riddell’s Bay offers enduring Golden Age charm. Course architect Emmet may not be well known, but his portfolio also includes U.S. Open host Congressional Golf Club in Bethesda, Maryland. While Riddell’s Bay is a private club, visitors are welcomed.
TUCKER’S POINT CLUB
Formerly known as Castle Harbour, the original course was designed by C.B. Macdonald/Seth Raynor disciple Charles Banks. In 2002, Roger Rulewich, former chief designer for Robert Trent Jones, enhanced the course, which features undulating fairways, many elevated tees and consistent TifEagle Bermudagrass greens.