At Pelican Point Lodge we offer you the experience of having your holiday on the semi-remote Peninsula of Pelican Point , 32km from Walvis Bay. Experience the stunning and unique, and ever changing views as the day passes on.
You’ll stay in one of our 9 suites of your choice, all decorated and furnished in style & luxury. Each suite is equipped to cope with the climatic changes of the Peninsula in mind.
One to one service, scrumptious dining and privacy are guaranteed during your stay in the former Harbor control building situated at the foot of the Pelican Point Lighthouse safely guiding ships into the harbor of Walvis Bay.
You’ll experience your stay surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean at one side and the Lagoon of Walvis Bay at the other as a truly unique setting.
Expect to hear the call of the jackal at night while they wander around the lodge, listen to the sounds of around 20000 seals interacting with each other, watch ships come and go, observing the light beams of the Lighthouse going on it roundabout at night, be amazed at the beauty of the landscape during full moon, sip cocktails or have a cup of coffee whilst observing stunning and unique sunsets and sunrises and relax to the sound of breaking waves close by.
From your bed or your private balcony you’ll experience the most stunning views and unique lightshows the Namibian sky has to offer. Decoration of the rooms is made to take advantage of the views and light this unique environment has to offer.
The former harbor control tower is changed into our Captain’s Cove suite to accommodate you as our esteemed guest. Fit for Kings, Captain`s and Presidents it offers absolute privacy and 360° views to enjoy the landscape from above.
Our Lounge and dining area will surprise you with its spectacular views whilst enjoying the social scene and dining. The huge deck will offer you the best views over the bay and the desert dunes whilst enjoying the amazing sunset light spectacle.
Accommodation is offered in the renovated old Harbor Control building, at the foot of the Lighthouse, known as Pelican Point Lodge and offers our guests a choice of 10 luxury suites.
Our guests that prefer to dine in private in their suite, deck or want something special is always welcome to talk to us to make it a memorable dining experience. All our suites are spacious, decorated in a warm contemporary style and designed to make use of the beautiful views even whilst showering.
Pelican Point Lodge is situated on the tip of the Pelican Point Peninsula and is therefore in the epic centre of the Marine activities the Namibian Coastal area has to offer.
Among many others is Kayaking with the 30.000 Cape Fur Seals at Pelican Point the absolute Topper and this stunning interactive activity starts right at the Lodge. Our Lodge based activities on offer are:
- guided walks with the seals, jackals, flamingoes, pelicans, cormorants, terns and many more.
- sundowners at the tip of the Peninsula,
- guided Peninsula drives, featuring the Ramsar site, the Skeleton Bay surfers hotspot, the shipwreck, the Jetty, the absolute Point and the wildlife,
- strolling on the beach on your own pace is strongly recommended and is part of the Pelican Point Lodge Experience.
- Shipwreck at walking distance
Outsourced activities on offer that starts at the Lodge are:
- Kayaking with the Seals is the only outsourced activity starting at the Lodge.
Outsourced activities that start in Walvis Bay are:
- dolphincruises with speedboat or catamaran,
- marine dune day: combo of cruise and 4×4 dune trip to Sandwich Harbour,
- dune trips,
- educational quadbiking,
- dune boarding,
- educational desert tours,
- educational Topnaar tour,
- Scenic flights,
- and many more are all possible to arrange for you.
Booking the outsourced activities however mean, that you will be away from the Lodge for half a day or some tours the entire day. Due to the wind usually picking up as from midday all outsourced activities are only conducted in the mornings.
Regardless of how many nights you stay, appart from the inhouse activities and the kayaking with the Seals, I would suggest at this stage not to pre-book too many excursions.
If you feel like doing more excursions, then rather book these directly from the Lodge. Please advise if there are any activities you would like us to organize for you.
Pelican Point Lodge at all times, and through all practises, take the environment into consideration, through sustainability management, taking all factors into view as follows:
- The scarring of landscapes and damage to wildlife habitats through off-road driving and careless behavior;
- The unsustainable use of scarce resources (e.g. water and wood)
- Pollutants from sewerage, domestic waste, chemical cleaners and litter
- Intrusions on local cultures and values, and
- Economic distortions
Pelican Point Lodge aims to become a leader and example in Eco-Friendly practices within the hospitality setting, and with Namibia’s 2030 vision in mind, with the support of all our key-role players achieve success in achieving the Five Flower Award as part of Namibia’s Eco-award program.” .